For Equipment Maintenance, Repair and Inspection call Toll Free 1.800.565.2021.
At Family 1st Medical we have technicians who are factory trained and have years of experience in equipment maintenance and accurate repairs whether for your respiratory equipment or mobility products.
We have recently expanded our Technical Department and ensure that your oxygen concentrator, wheelchair, scooter or stair-lift is maintained and operates properly. Since 1987 we have sold, rented and serviced wheelchairs, power chairs and scooters.
If you need a quote on a new product or an estimate on your repair, call Toll Free at 1-800-565-2021.
Family 1st Medical is pleased employ Certified Accessibility Technicians who can install, maintain and inspect commercial and residential stairway lifts, vertical platforms and wheelchair lifts.
New legislation requires all individuals who service commercial lift products be certified. It also requires that all such commercial devices in Nova Scotia receive regular maintenance inspections.
If your facility or facilities in your charge have lift products, they now need a regular maintenance contract. Our Technical Department would be pleased to offer a competitive quote on the cost of providing these services or installing a new lift.
When you sign up for a yearly contract this is what you’ll receive:
- Two (2) inspection visits per year
- A detailed written report
- Thorough cleaning, inspection and lubrication of your lift
- The inspection dates are approximate – the work will be performed on or around these dates. *no mileage is charged for inspection visits.
- On the scheduled appointment day adequate access to the lift must be made available. If not, an additional charge may be applied, at current labour rates, for time spent waiting.
- All emergency and service work required over and above the scheduled inspection with be charged on a “time and materials used” basis. Payment is due upon completion.
- Payment of all parts and materials not covered by the original manufacturer’s parts warranty are not covered by this contract and shall be the responsibility of the owner at time of replacement.
- Upon the completion of your contract with Family 1st Medical Limited you will be required to either renew with us or locate another company who employ Certified Accessibility Technicians. We will automatically forward a renewal contract to you once your contract is completed. This applies only to commercial stair lifts and/or platform lifts.